Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Texas Country Fan Linda Shinn Loves Her Steve Wariner: Accused of Stalking the Country Artist

Country Artist Steve Wariner


Houston, Texas

You know, I have always said “Your ass ain’t nobody until you have a stalker.” And although he hasn’t had a hit since I was in diapers, at least country music star Steve Wariner is getting some attention.

Unfortunately, that attention is coming from the beast pictured here, named Linda Marie Shinn.

According to Wariner, Shinn has been stalking him since 1989. Now, in 2013, he has decided to seek help from police. His latest move has been to seek a restraining order against the woman from Spring, Texas.

Wariner first met Linda Marie Shinn, now 55, when he performed at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in Houston back in 1989. Wasn’t that the same year he released a song called “Lynda?”

According to court documents, Wariner said Shinn and her son were allowed backstage because she said the boy had cancer and was part of the Make A Wish program.

Since then, Wariner says he has been bombarded with countless letters, emails and Facebook posts.

On July 16, she wrote "I’m pouring my heart out to you. Why can’t you call me and do you really love me?"

In one letter, Shinn described the furniture in Wariner’s Tennessee home. She also claimed to be clairvoyant, saying, "Your mom is around me right now."

Wariner said the letters are "absurd and frightening." I am recalling a Stephen King book called Misery.

Shinn was arrested in Tennessee in May 2012 and charged with harassment, but when it’s true love, I guess persistence is key.

Shinn has said publicly that she never claimed her son had cancer. She said Wariner’s legal action is a publicity stunt for his new album.

No comments :