Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Texan Daniel Staley Has One Foot Out of the Loony Bin

Daniel Staley - WFAA

Dallas, Texas

If you are living in the Dallas area, or will be visiting anytime soon, you may want to become familiar with the name Daniel Wayne Staley and his photos. And if you are a woman, be sure and keep an eye on your feet.

For the past couple of years, Staley has been tucked away in a mental hospital in Texas.

Staley had a run in with the Dallas Police Department back in May 2010, after digging up a woman's corpse and cutting off her foot. He later approached officers with the remains in his backpack.

Staley was sent to a mental hospital. His mother pointed to his failure of taking his medication, which caused his mental illness to grow worse.

Following the foot snatching, a Dallas TV station obtained copies of Staley’s journals. The included these random jewels:

"I love it. When I look into my eyes, I see the devil looking back at me. I want to cut you open and see your insides. I feel like Jeff Dahmer is my mirror mind."

In another passage, Staley writes:

"I'm sick, I guess. That's what they say. I want to tie your intestines around your neck and suffocate your lifeless body."

Staley has insisted that he will kill when he gets out, a mission he says was handed to him by Satan.

As you can imagine, both family members and law enforcement are pleading to keep Staley off the streets. That release, from the North Texas State Hospital, could come as early as this Thursday. Under the law, there is little that can be done; he can't be kept in a mental hospital for life.

Former District Judge John Creuzot took at look at the case. "Unfortunately, we are doing all the system allows us to do," he said. "The system just does not allow us to do enough, and you have a person like this that is unmanaged and uncompliant out on the streets... he can do anything, and we don't know until he does it."

I am not taking any chances here - and hell, who says he will stay in Dallas? Just in case, I think I know just the person to provide me with personal security and protection. Best of all, she's from Texas!

Houston Police Officer Stacey Suro

No comments :